Pro Soccer Kids’ coaching staff will instruct, challenge and facilitate the development of your child’s skills in the game from the beginner level onward. Your child will learn the basic concepts of the game and sharpen motor skills which will further enhance their enjoyment of the beautiful game of soccer. Our program is developed and structured to suit the particulars of your child’s age group and unique needs. We provide all of the equipment (age appropriate soccer balls, nets, cones, rings, ladders, a magic carpet & more!!) for your child and their classmates. A new t-shirt will be given to your child at the start of each season.
YOUR FIRST CLASS
- Your PSK Coach will have a roster listing all of the registered children, so there is no need to bring a receipt to the class.
- Occasionally, for the younger kids, a child may be shy or in need of parent support for the first few classes. It is perfectly fine for you to join your child in the class to help him or her adjust.
- Coaches cannot accept payment, so please make sure you have paid PRIOR to your first class.
- Plan to arrive 10–15 minutes early for the first class so you and your child can meet the other kids and parents in the class as well as their coach. This also allows your child a chance to get comfortable and get their t-shirt
- Bring water, so that your little one can stay hydrated. Our coaches offer regular water breaks.
- For younger players, it is wonderful for parents to help facilitate new introductions between the kids, and to encourage making new friends.
- Reassure your child that our coaches have plenty of soccer balls, cones, and stickers for all of our players.
- Let your child know that the coach will be teaching them lots of fun and challenging games, so it is important to use good listening skills and watch as the coach demonstrates what to do.
- Everyone will have a turn, but, patience and good listening are important values in our classes.
- Remind your little Pro Soccer Kids that they will see familiar faces on the Magic Carpet, perhaps an old friend from summer soccer, or maybe even a teammate they haven’t seen since the springtime, and many new faces as well! They may see a favorite coach or meet an awesome new one, and the coach will be giving lots of high fives, both on the first day and throughout the season!
We hope that you and your child are as excited as we are for the beginning of the new season as we are! Our coaches have some fun games ready to go, so be sure sneakers are tied tight, water bottles are filled, and your child is ready to score some goals. We’ll see YOU on the field!
What to bring
- Water for your child for each class.
- Shin guards can be worn, but are not required.
- Appropriate footwear such as sneakers. Cleats are not necessary for children under the age of 5. Most parks request that our players do NOT wear cleats.
- No toys or food allowed during the class (in the playing area).
- Please, no food sharing with others in the class; many children have serious food allergies!
- Non-participating siblings must remain supervised on the sideline at all times.
- Adult participation is required if you registered for a “Parent and Me” class
- Parent or Guardian must stay for your soccer class. Our program is NOT a drop-off, unless your class is a designated after-school program at your school.
Inclement WeatherIf your class is outdoors and it is raining, you will be advised of CLASS CANCELLATION VIA EMAIL. We will also POST AN ANNOUNCEMENT on our website homepage. We make every effort to determine class status two hours before your class starts, but ask for your understanding when last minute pop-up showers occur. If you do not have access to the internet, please call our office at 516-766-5437. All rain days will be added on at the end of the season. For more information, see our policies page.
Class SizeAll group classes maintain a favorable coach/player ratio to provide your child with the individual attention required to maximize the benefits of each class. Depending on the location and class dynamic, our ratios and capacities are:
- For ages 2 & 3 – We add a second coach when the class size reaches 6. The normal class maximum is between 11 to 14 children. On occasion, a third coach may be added.
- For ages 4 & 5 – We add a second coach when the class size reaches 7 or 8. The normal class maximum is 15 children. On occasion, a third coach may be added.
- For ages 6 to 9 – We add a second coach when the class size reaches 8 or 9. The normal class maximum is 16 children.